If you’d like to join us for the Wednesday Hodgepodge please click on the above pic which will redirect you to Joyce’s blog w/all the details.
1. George Washington-Abraham Lincoln-Thomas Jefferson…who would you most like to meet and why?
Abraham Lincoln. I’ve always admired his attitude in that day and age and I’d love to talk to him about it and see why he felt like he did, how he had the courage to do what he did.
2. What’s your favorite chain restaurant?
I like The Outback, their coconut shrimp appetizer is yummy and enough for a meal. Their steaks are usually good too.
3. I spied this question on the Bears at Home blog last week and she gave me permission to
steal borrow it-
When you look back on your life, do you imagine you’ll think about the goals you failed to meet with regret? Or will you look at what you accomplished and say: it was good?
I’ve done both of these many times. I think it’s normal to see the good and bad of things but overall I look at what I’ve accomplished and know it was good. I have failed, i have had regrets, but I believe things happen like they must and it’s up to us to figure out why.
4. Grapefruit-take ‘em or leave ‘em? Given the choice between an orange and a grapefruit which would you choose? Would you prefer it served as is or squeezed into juice?
I’d prefer the grapefruit, pink grapefruit if available. I like to eat them like an orange, peel fruit, peel slice outside layer to only have the fresh fruit.
5. When was the last time you cleaned out a closet? Is there a closet in your home that currently needs cleaning? What are you waiting for?
It’s been a while and I have many closets to clear out. If you count a pantry I just cleaned those out.
6. You get to have lunch with three famous people…who would you like to see round your table?
You didn’t say alive or dead so I’m going with both!
- James Beard ~oh the stories he could tell of the culinary world.
- Julia Child ~think she’d just be entertaining.
- Jacques Pepin~ He’s a friend of Julia’s and I admire him. He has a wonderful story.
7. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your ability to parallel park?
Oh, I’d give me a 8 or 9, I usually am pretty straight and I try to have an equal distance between the car and my car on both sides. Unless the other person parked stupidly, then I don’t care if it’s tight for them to get in.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Back pain is the worst. It puts me in an instant funk, everything is an effort and makes me angry. An instant depressor. I guess I overdid this weekend trying to clear out the garage, by Sunday night my back was tight, Monday night was worse, yesterday I could hardly move around. Slept in my brothers hospital bed last night and that helped because I was able to take the pressure off my back. Feeling better today, but think I’ll have to still baby it today.